(800) 281-7873
Fax 916-797-3388
We got you covered

Flood Insurance Solutions by Russo Insurance Agency

34+ years serving people

100% customer satisfaction

8 knowledgeable advisors to help you

Russo Insurance/ flood insurance

Flood Insurance Solutions by Russo Insurance Agency

Floods can happen at any time and without warning. They cause structural damage to houses, vehicles—even buildings. The cost of repairing or replacing essential property could be prohibitive for many homeowners. That is why it's important to take out flood insurance before your home suffers significant water damage due to an unfortunate event.

What is Flood Insurance?

Flood insurance is a type of property insurance that can cover your building and its contents if damaged or destroyed due to a flood caused by heavy rain, storm surges, blocked storm drainage systems, or levee dam failure. While not every homeowner needs flood insurance, it may be a wise investment regardless of where you live. According to The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), more than 25% of homeowners who have filed a flood damage claim do not even live in a flood zone.

What is the Importance of Good Flood Coverage?

Flood insurance offers a range of options. Private flood insurance:

  • Has rates of coverage higher than $250,000/$100,000 limits.
  • Offers enhanced protection, especially for structures like garages and unattached buildings.
  • May offer replacement value and loss of use coverages.
  • Premiums may be less than for NFIP.
  • Shorter wait times for policy to be in effect.
  • May cover loss of business income.
  • While private flood insurance can offer a great range of options, each homeowner’s situation must be carefully reviewed to review flood insurance carriers, homeowner location, property, and other factors to select the right coverage.

Do you need flood insurance?

You will need flood insurance if you live in a designated flood zone. But flooding can also occur in inland areas and away from major rivers. Consider buying a flood insurance policy if your house could be flooded by melting snow, an overflowing creek or pond, or water running down a steep hill.

Flood insurance is available for renters and homeowners, but, like earthquake insurance, it is not part of standard homeowners coverage. Instead, flood policies are provided separately by the federal government and dozens of private insurers.

If you think you need flood insurance, don’t wait for a flood season warning on the evening news to buy a policy. There is a 30-day waiting period before the coverage takes effect for National Flood Insurance Program policies.

Already have Flood Insurance? Switching is easy

It might be time to switch insurers whenever the service that your existing insurer provides doesn’t meet your needs. For example, if you have a poor claims experience or an unexplained rate increase, it might be time to consider other options

If you cancel a previous policy before a new policy is effective, you could run into some serious financial problems.

Contact us today to help you with multiple options to choose from.
Request a Quote

Get Personalized  Insurance

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
© 2024 Russo Insurance Designed by Amplispot
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram Skip to content